“Lisa is a writer unafraid to look at the most awkward and vulnerable parts of humanity, while bringing humor and pathos to all of her characters and stories. She investigates the conflicts of faith, family and friendship with a deft hand, and does so with courage and conviction.”
- Kari Bentley-Quinn. Co-Founder, Mission to (dit)Mars
Full Length Plays.
FIDDLERS 2 W, 3 M
Synopsis: A Jewish woman returns to her Rust Belt hometown a year after her mother’s death, and is shocked to discover her once fratty brother has returned from Birthright with an Orthodox fiancée. As family secrets come to light, both siblings are forced to confront their relationship to religious observance, Zionism, and their own white privilege.
- Semi-Finalist, National Playwrights Conference (2019).
- Stage-read as part of the Mission to (dit)Mars Launch Pad Reading Series in Astoria, NY. Directed by Aimee Todoroff (2019).
- Stage-read as part of the Mission to (dit)Mars Salon Series at Spaceworks in Long Island City, NY. Directed by Aimee Todoroff (2018).
- Excerpt performed as part of All Systems Go! Produced by Mission to (dit)Mars at Astoria Performing Arts Center in Astoria, NY. Directed by Dev Bondarin (2018).
MANIFEST PROMISED LAND 3 W, 1 M
Synopsis: An Israeli woman impulsively takes a job in a Midwestern Jewish community, and is shocked to discover that their version of Judaism is very different from hers. She ends up bonding with another outsider, a Native American guy who works at the JCC, but conflicts arise when they clash over issues of Zionism and privilege.
- Excerpt performed as part of All Systems Go! produced by Mission to (dit)Mars at the Astoria Performing Arts Center in Long Island City, NY. Directed by Christine Zagrobelny (2017).
PERSEPHONE IN RETROGRADE 3 W, 2 M
- Excerpt recorded as part of Necessary Exposure: The Female Playwright Project (2017).
- Full-length table read in Astoria, NY. Directed by Rachel Graf Evans (2016).
- Excerpt stage-read as part of All Systems Go! with Mission to (dit)Mars at the Astoria Performing Arts Center in Long Island City, New York. (Under the title, Persephone). Directed by Dev Bondarin (2015).
SEX AND CHARITABLE GIVING 3W, 1M
- Recorded as a podcast for Elephant Run District’s hERD podcast. Directed by Aimee Todoroff (2016).
- Selected for a full-production and produced in F*CK Fest at the Brick Theatre in Brooklyn, New York. Directed by David Ledoux (2015).
- Developed in the Mission to (dit)Mars Propulsion Lab and stage-read in the Launchpad Reading Series in 2014.
- Produced as part of the New Light Theatre Project Darkroom Series in New York City, New York at Access Theatre (under the title, Life Play). Directed by David Ledoux (2013).
- Excerpt produced as part of the Act One: One Act Festival at the Secret Theatre in Long Island City, NY (2013).
EGYPTOLOGY 4 W, 1 M
- Staged reading at The Drawing Board in Manhattan, NY (2013).
- Developed and produced at Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ. Directed by Michelle Seaton (2010).
Selected Short Plays & Monologues.
- Staged reading at the Raven Theatre as part of the New Feathers Reading Series in New Hope, PA (2017).
- Produced by LoveCreek Productions in Manhattan, NY (2014).
- Produced by Ensemble Studio Theatre as part of the Intern Lab in Manhattan, NY. Directed by Charles Giardina (2010).
- Produced Bradley Alumni 10-Minute Play Festival in Peoria, IL. Directed by Rachel Waldon (2010).
- Commissioned and Presented by the 3rd Annual Indie One-Minute Play Festival at the New Ohio Theatre in Manhattan, NY (2017).
“FOR THE LOVE OF XENA”
- Commissioned and presented by Caps Lock Theatre at Judson Memorial Church in Manhattan, NY (2014).
- Produced as part of the Panic Room Plays at the Brick Theatre in Brooklyn, NY (2013).
- Semifinalist, Little Fish Theatre Pick of the Vine Competition (2011).
- Winner of the annual Playwrights and Artists Festival and produced at KNOW Theatre in Binghamton, NY (2012).
“UNDER THE RAINBOW”
- Semi-finalist, John Cauble Short Play Award (2010).
- Regional Winner, Kennedy Center Playwriting Intensive (2010).
- Produced by the Jameson Project at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ. Directed by Maryna Harrison (2009).
“HIGH AND UPTIGHT”
- Excerpt stage-read at Monologues and Madness, Cornelia St. Café in New York City, NY (2012).
- Produced by Mile Square Theatre as part of the annual 7th Inning Stretch Festival in Hoboken, NJ. Directed by Maryna Harrison (2010)
“ALL CHILDREN LEFT BEHIND”
- Produced at Occupy Broadway in New York City, NY. Directed by Jeff Woodbridge (2011).